Wednesday, December 9, 2009

From Nutso....

Hi there,
Thanks for your attentiveness to my observations. Your comments are always worthwhile and cause me to reflect. You said, "can you remember how love felt before you invited Christ into your heart?"
I remember falling head over heels in love with a beautiful Italian girl from Chicago. I met her in San Diego, while I was in training at the Marine Base there.
I could think of nothing else, just her. My heart would just float away at the very thought of here. I remember loving to go on "Radar Watch", which was THE most boring job you can imagine. Just sit there for 4 hours straight with eyes on a radar scope looking for incoming traffic. I was part of the early warning defense system. I hated the job, until I met Rosie. Then, I just loved to sit there, alone, and think of her. The time flew by, we were married, had two kids, and lived happily never after. Unfaithfulness led to divorce.
Now, that is the kind of love that I want to walk in with the Holy Spirit. Sometimes He reveals Him/Her/Itself as love. The Scriptures say that "God is love". When one says, "I love you", doesn't it really mean "I God you"?, since He is love. Yup, God No Thing, but is also Everything, for nothing exists outside of HIm. He has everything absolutely under His control, so it seems kinda stupid to fuss about all of the plans of those who hate our liberty and freedom.
Do I remember what love was like before meeting Jesus? YOu betcha. I learned what a mess I was in once I received Christ. I loved to share His love with anyone willing to listen. Mostly, the listener would nod condescendingly, then split. I used to go sit and have a beer in the tav. I couldn't talk about anything except Jesus. After a while, that got really old, because the listener stopped listening at the very mention of Jesus. That practice quickly came to a halt, as I got more involved in "relgion". Religion condemned me and stole my joy. Gimme Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, but you can stick your religion where da sun don't shine.
Just let me minister to someone who is hungry for Jesus.
Bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment