Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to All you blog readers. Thank you for praying for us, as it really makes a difference. We are all connected whether we realize it or not. "As ye have done to the least of My brethren, so do ye unto me."
Today was a struggle. Got paid with SS for the month. Wife paid the bills and told me the remnant. Uh oh... Okay God we need you.
I owed a debt of $140. Didn't have the bucks, you know. Called my creditor and announced my lack of ability to repay in this day. Was informed, it wasn't a debt, that the money wasn't a loan, but a genuine gift. You coulda blew me over with a feather. I was really grateful and told this person so. I also pray that God grants them a 100 fold return quickly.
Wife and I were going to store. Met a stranger, big guy, about 6'4". He had new haircut, clean clothes, and looked prosperous. He was a 'Nam Vet, as I am. We talked a bit, and the Lord came up. He was a Believer in Christ, as I am. I learned he was also a homeless guy. He had lost a very nice job over a year ago. His home was repossesed by your friendly local bankers, and he was out on the streets. He told me he was eating out of the food bank, and found a mission place to clean up. I checked the contents of my wallet and shared what I had. I then prayed for him. His face brightened a bit. It was an act that we all need to be doing. I sure couldn't tell he was homeless and destitute by his appearance. they can sure be decieving eh?
I always ask God to remember my needs when I give away His money, which He gave to me in the first place.
His plight reminded me how truly blessed I am, no matter what the outer circumstances appear to be.
Also recieved an email from one of my wife's childhood friends. She and her hubby are going through their own storm. Husband can't work and won't start receiving anything from SS until 4-6 months (Been there, done that also).T hey had hocked or sold everything they could spare to keep their mortgage current. She was stressed out and worked up what sounds like an ulcer. She asked for prayer, and advised us that it was the first time in her life that she had done so. I was surprised, but also humbled by the need.
I prayed for her, by email, with wife in agreement.
A little while later, my wife recieved a phone call from this sister. She sounded very cheerful, and heard wife laughing with her. My prayer was simple. Trust God in the midst of your storm. What else is there when you are at the end of your rope?
I have learned to tie a big knot at the end of my rope and hold on to Jesus.
God is good to me. can you imagine? Got a $140 debt cancelled, and fed a homeless guy and got to pray for a desperate situation, which I believe God will turn around for them, Just because we "had a little talk with Jesus".
Bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment