Monday, November 30, 2009

On Freedom

"He whom the Son sets free is free indeed". I caught the latest program of "Democracy Now" on public access tv. The gal there, Amy was discussing her trip over the weekend to Vancouver BC where she was address a meeting of like minded folks I assume. What disturbed me was the way they were treated by the Canadian Border Patrol. I guess the Canucks are freaking out about terrorists, so they end up treating everyone like one. Can you believe the Canadian gov spent ONE BILLION dollars on security alone for the olympics?
Me, I could care less who can run or jump the fastest or furthest. The olympic endorsers charge through the nose for anything that you eat or drink there. I quit attending ball games for the same reason. My wife and I saw 2012 recently. It cost us almost $20 for popcorn and drink. Now that is some high powered price gouging. For those kind of prices, I am surprized that folks still go. I probably will never attend another movie theatre, on purpose. If I wait long enough, it will show up on free tv.
The LORD says "be careful for nothing, but in all thy ways, acknowledge God and He will direct thy steps".
Philippians 4:6
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
KJV

I am supposed to be the head and not the tail. That head part must be in a different realm, because it doesn't appear that way from what I see. When I pray for the sick, I expect them to be healed. How should I handle it when the person walks away limping the same way he came in? Do I quit praying for people? Is my faith nothing but presumption? I mean, its not my position to "heal" them. Its God's job. I prayed, using the name of Jesus, so I expect God Himself to honor His own word. I leave the results in His care.
I realize I am jumping all over the place here. I am trying to "guard my thoughts" because of the Thought Police.
There are scientists actually trying to figure out how to electronically read your thoughts. Now why would they want to do that? Could it be to control me, or manipulate my thoughts for their own gain? Obviously!
I pray the God of Abraham, and Jesus shows up with a little more power than I have noted of late. I don't want the Catholic Jesus. He don't heal nobody. They go into a Mass sick. Priest prays. They leave sick. In truth, in 30 years of attending the Catholic Church, I never once heard the "true Gospel preached". Oh they gave a tiny piece of one of the Gospels, but couldn't quite figure out what the Whole Gospel is.
Go figure! I stayed there until Jesus actually freed me from the spirit of religion.
Go ask a practicing Catholic what is the "Gospel" and you'll understand what I mean.
If you happen to be a practicing Catholic, as God to reveal Jesus Christ to you and save your soul. He will, because He already has. You couldn't even believe in Jesus Christ if your name wasn't already written in the Lamb's Book of Life, written from before the foundation of the earth. That makes you really old!
Noooo, I want the Jesus Who actually heals people, sets captives free, and has enough power to turn the world upside down at the mere mention of His Name. Angels have to "hop to" when one prays the Word of God, in Jesus' name.

Ps 103:20
20 Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

Thats why I pray using His words, not me own.

I don't want any other Jesus, then the One Who died on the cross for My sins, and Rose Again from the dead, who sits at the right hand of the Father, forever making intercession for the saints of God. He sent His Holy Spirit to bring the kingdom of heaven to earth.
We need this Jesus now. My Jesus loves Jew and Gentile, He's color blind, and is concerned about heart conditions. Thats why I try to diligently guard my heart and therefore my tongue. "its not what goes in the body that defiles a man, but what comes out of his mouth". Mix this with "blessing and cursing are in the power of the tongue".
Proverbs 18:21
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."

1 comment:

  1. Many People ask our Lord for signs and never receive them. why must we always test him to make sure he is real?
    by your FAITH ALONE is told to us over and over again. example-when the man was dieing on the cross next to Jesus and he professed his belief that Jesus was the Son of God. his faith alone assured that he would be in heaven with our father that very night.
    when the man came to Jesus asking him to heal his sick one- he said that by that mans faith alone his sick one was already healed and for him to go home.
    when you have attempted to heal someone and yet they still limp away- it could have been that THEY did not beleive. or that they did not have the affliction that they demonstrated.
    or that you somehow you had a moment of doubt.
    or could it be that you had healed them after all but of a spiritual illness far worse than the physical one.
    please do not quit praying for people-God hears every word of what you say.
    i have spent much of the holiday reading through your blogs and know that you really are Gods child.
    i found much inspiration in your words.
    if God had email i know that he would say:
    THANK YOU PATRICK

    ReplyDelete